Saturday, February 7, 2009

Hilarious (and somewhat offensive)

Kids really do say the darnedest things and Austin's so exception. The other day after work I went to pick up the dry cleaning. The owners of this establishment were Asian American and handed me my cleaning through the drive thru window. Yesterday morning, I, with Austin present, was looking through the stuff I got back from the cleaners and was surprised to find that one of my jackets had it's buttons replaced (and not by request). Needless to say, I was not happy about this. But, I picked something else out and got dressed for work.

After dropping Andrew off at his room, Austin and I were outside putting our shoes back on and getting his stuff together. Another babies dad, an Asian American gentleman, was bringing his baby into the class next door. As we were walking to Austin's class he whispered, "Mommy, was that the man that messed up your jacket?" I said, "No, baby, it wasn't." Now, this had to be the funniest, and most observant, thing that Austin has ever said. Thank goodness he whispered.

No comments:

background