Sunday, March 1, 2009

Snow? In Alabama? No way!

I went to the grocery store yesterday and the lady bagging my groceries said "Are you stocking up for the snow?" I said "It's not going to snow." And, even going to bed last night, I still didn't believe that it would. It hardly ever snows here and when it does it's not enough to cover the ground much less make a snowball or snowman.

I was so wrong. After Austin yelled up the hall for a drink of water, I got up and looked outside and went into Austin's room. I asked him if he had looked out the window yet. He jumped up, looked out the window, and immediately changed clothes to go outside. This was all before 7:00 a.m. One of our requirements was that we had to have our coffee and eat breakfast first before going outside. Gene took Austin first and I brought Andrew outside mostly to get a picture of him in his first snowfall.

No comments:

background