Tuesday, November 3, 2009

1st girlfriend

Austin has his first girlfriend. When we first talked to him about this little girl, he said she was his best friend. He's kissed her on the playground (twice). But, last week at his fall party, she told me "Austin said I was his girlfriend." I guess it was official then. I met her mom last week at the pumpkin patch and luckily she thinks it's cute and sweet also.

Last night at soccer practice, Austin was running back and forth to the field next to ours and kept hugging this one girl. Of course, it was his girlfriend. On the way out, I talked to her mom. She said that her daughter came home yesterday and said "Mom, I'm freaking out." Her mom asked her why. She said "Because Austin is going to be at my soccer practice tonight!" We laughed about this of course, but it makes me wonder. If this is what it's like at 5 1/2 years old, I can't imagine what it will be like 10 years from now!

background