Thursday, June 24, 2010

Who's going to be my Mommy when I grow up?

On the way to summer camp this morning, I had the most interesting and grown up conversation to date with Austin. He asked me "Who's going to be my Mommy when I grow up?" I told him that I would always be his Mommy no matter how big he gets. He said, "No. Who's going to be my Mommy when I grow up?" After a series of clarifying questions, I finally figured out that Austin was asking...who was going to be his wife when he grows up (and his "Mommy").

So, I tried to explain that before Mommy and Daddy got married Daddy was my boyfriend and Mommy was Daddy's girlfriend. Then, I said that after we got married I was Daddy's wife and Daddy was my husband. When you have a baby, you become a Mommy and a Daddy. Austin thought about it for a minute and said "So, I have to find her?" I told him yes, he would have to find her. But he had to find someone he liked a lot and loved a lot because he had to live with her for the rest of his life!

No comments:

background