Thursday, October 16, 2008

Dollar store motivation

It's amazing what motivation a trip to the Dollar Tree can provide to a 4 year old who's having trouble behaving in school. Austin and I made a deal. If he accumulated 10 stickers on the calendar, we could take a trip to the dollar store and he could pick out whatever he wanted for a prize. He finally achieved that goal last Friday and off we went.

Austin grabbed a basket and went searching for the perfect prize (or prizes as it were). I pointed out some swirly straws which he loves. He said, "Let me see them" so I handed him a pack. He looked them over and told me to put them back. We came away with a car, a motorcycle, a bag of Tootsie Rolls, and a glow in the dark sword.

We've started on the next set of 10 stickers and I've shown him on the calendar what day we'll be able to go back to the dollar store for more prizes. He's counting down the days.

No comments:

background