Sunday, November 23, 2008

I want EVERYTHING

Friday, I took off work to, among other things, take the kids to see Santa. We went to the Bass Pro Shop. I had seen a picture someone else had taken and the Santa was a good one with real white hair and beard. And, we wouldn't have to wait in a long line like we have had to do at the Galleria.

On the way, Austin and I talked about what he'd asked Santa for in the letter he'd written a week or two ago. This letter was definitely stream of consciousness "I want more race cars and more T-Rex stuff and an ambulance and a fire truck and a helicopter and a remote control car..." We discussed all of this to prepare for his visit so he'd be ready when Santa asked him "What do you want for Christmas?"

Austin (and Andrew) was the first in line. Austin climbed up on Santa's lap and froze. He didn't fuss or anything, just didn't want to talk or smile for the picture. I finally convinced him to smile and he did. I told him to tell Santa what he wanted for Christmas, what he'd said in his letter. Austin told Santa "I want EVERYTHING."

No comments:

background