Saturday, November 8, 2008

Preference

Most nights I put Andrew to bed. I give him a bath, get him into his pajamas, and feed him a bottle. On occasion he nurses, but most of the time that's just to slow for him. A few nights last week Gene attempted to put Andrew to bed. He gave him a bath, put on his p.j.'s, and sat down to give him a bottle. Andrew freaked out. I was downstairs and heard all of this through the monitor. I let him scream with Gene for a little bit just waiting for him to calm down. Finally, after what seemed like 30 minutes of screaming, I went upstairs to relieve Gene. When I picked him up, he stopped crying and took his bottle no problem.

While I thought this was a natural preference, Mommy versus Daddy, I was wrong. On Thursday night, Gene had success with putting Andrew to bed. The problem? Gene was holding and feeding him on the opposite side from where I hold and feed him.

No comments:

background