Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Did he seriously just ask her out?

Austin is a pretty popular boy in his class. At least, I like to think he is anyway. He loves both the boys and the girls, but I think he's partial to the little girls. And it's quite cute the way they talk to each other.

One day last week, prior to our movie adventure, Austin yelled across the parking lot of the school at one of his friends. When she came over to the car, he said "You wanna go to the movies with me?" Of course, it was last minute and she'd already seen the movie we were going to see. We decided to find another movie so we could all go together one day. He said "I want to sit next to her."

Yesterday, when we picked up Andrew, Austin saw a different girl in the parking lot. Same thing. He called her over and asked her to go to the movies. Again, he said "I want to sit next to her."

I know this is all innocent stuff and it never even occurred to me that he'd asked either girl out until the mother of the first girl said that she jokingly told her husband that their daughter had been asked out on her first date. Is this how it all starts? The dude is only 5 years old and already has the ladies eating out of the palm of his hand.

No comments:

background