Friday, August 7, 2009

Last day

Today was Austin's last day at Bright Horizons. He was pretty excited about it being his last day. He got up this morning and said, "Mommy, guess what today is." I said, "It's Friday." He said, "Yeah, but what else?" I said, "It's water play day." He said, "Yeah, but what else?" I asked him to tell me and he said, "It's my last day!"

When we got there, I teared up on the way in with my bags in hand to clean out his cubby. Gene met me at the school and we went to Austin's room first. He was putting a puzzle together and wanted to finish it so we went to Andrew's room to get him. After we got back to Austin's class, he was ready to go. He said goodbye to his friends and teacher. We saw his other favorite teacher in the hall and he gave her the biggest hug. After that, we were ready to go.

I have to admit it was bittersweet picking him up this afternoon. We're ready to move on and have enjoyed our time at Bright Horizons so much. Austin's learned a lot and made so many friends. I know he'll miss everyone!

No comments:

background