Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I'm sweating like peanut butter

Austin's been sick the last three days apparently with a nasty tummy bug. It all started on Sunday and has gotten better but is still hanging around. Hopefully, he'll be back at school tomorrow. After his bath tonight, he told me he was sweating...sweating like peanut butter. I have no idea where this came from but I thought it was too funny not to share.

In other news, this week is Austin's last week at pre-school. This is his last week of never having homework again (except for summers that is). I hate that he's missed 2 days of seeing his friends, friends that he won't see again after Friday. I have tried to schedule some playdates with some of his close friends to we can keep in touch. It would be a shame for us to never see these kids again after they've spent so much time together. I know that schedules will conflict and eventually they'll drift apart. But how cool would it be if we could keep in touch with even one of his preschool friends over the next 1, 2, 5, 10 years?

It's sad that it's coming to an end, but so exciting too for us as parents and for Austin as a student. I can't wait to see how everyone just marvels at how smart he is (and of course they will because he's just so very smart). I can't wait to see him excited to come home and tell us all about his day and what he's learned. I know there will be days where he won't want to go and where he won't know anyone and won't know what to do. Eventually, he'll get adjusted to the new routine and all will be well. And, quite frankly, so will I.

No comments:

background