Sunday, May 23, 2010

2 for real loose teeth

I've been waiting on Austin's two bottom middle teeth to start wiggling for a while. Austin always cut his teeth on time (according to the books) and I knew he'd start loosing them on time too. Tonight, Austin said his tooth hurt and I asked him which one. He pointed to the bottom middle tooth and I pushed my finger against it. It wiggled! And it wasn't only one; it was two! We totally weren't prepared for the first lost tooth so it's nice to know that we'll have a little while before these fall out on their own. But he will be going to the dentist next week for his 6 month cleaning so we'll see what Dr. Mike has to say.

Austin was thrilled though to think that he has loose teeth. I, on the other hand, am not so thrilled. Yet another symbol of his growing up. And the thought of pulling a tooth terrifies me. I don't know if I'll be able to do it like my Mom did back in the day. Austin may be making a trip to Nonna's house to get teeth pulled!

No comments:

background