Friday, March 12, 2010

Austin loses a tooth!



I was working from home the past 2 days because Andrew's been sick. Both days, I've gone to pick up Austin early from extended day at school. Today, when I picked him up, he said "Mommy, you know why I'm doing my lip like this?" I said, "No, why?" And he said, "Because my tooth is broken." At first I didn't believe him, but then I looked. And, in usual fashion, freaked out. I called the dentist and told them I was on the way.

Austin was a trooper through the whole thing. Of course, he asked questions about what they were going to do and what everything was. He even said, while under the gas, "I'm really brave."

This is a huge milestone, one that I didn't think we'd get to this soon. Austin has a bike wreck about a year ago and we'd been watching this tooth since then. It was pretty much dead but we wanted to hang onto it as long as we could, hopefully, until the permanent tooth came in.

Austin is excited about the tooth fairy coming tonight and telling his friends after Spring Break about his lost tooth. They have a tooth chart in the class and he's excited that he'll get to fill his name in.

I, on the other hand, am not all that excited. He's growing up and this is more confirmation of that. He doesn't look like the same little boy. He's a big boy, with a BIG hole in his smile. Makes me sad.

No comments:

background