Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Pop guns and swords

Playing with boys is such a different and new experience for me. Growing up, I'd never really been around boys and definitely didn't play boy type games.

Today, I decided to keep Austin home from school. Since I'll be going back to work next week, I thought that having a day to spend with just me and the boys would be fun. While Andrew takes a nap (much to my surprise and delight), Austin and I play.

He grabs his pop gun, foam sword, foam knight helmet, and foam gun (thanks, Nonna) and we play shooting. He shoots me; I shoot him. We take turns wearing the helmet and falling to the floor, legs and arms up in the air.

Even though I'm more used to playing like a girl, I think I'm pretty good at playing like a boy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think you're a great mom, playing boy OR girl!!!!

background