Monday, July 28, 2008

Returning to work


A week from today I will be returning to work after 12 weeks of maternity leave. The time has flown by and Andrew has changed so much.

Andrew developed colic at around 3 weeks old. It hit it's peek around 4-8 weeks with non-stop crying from 5:00 until 8:00 or 9:00 every night. "Crying" is the nice term for what Andrew was doing. He would literally scream, painfully, for hours on end. At that time, I really considered going back to work immediately to get away from it all. Let someone else deal with it.

Now, Andrew's on the back-side of the colic, thank goodness. He's in a better mood these days and our house is finally a happy place. With that being said, the thought of going back to work makes me sad. He's so much more pleasant to be around and is doing more every day.

So, think of me next Monday when I drag myself out of bed to get ready for work, putting on my suit and heels, leaving my baby all day for the first time. True, I will be leaving him with my grandmother, aunt, and mother, people I love and trust with all my heart. But, it's still tough.

No comments:

background