Sunday, September 28, 2008

The dreaded phone call

On Friday, my work phone rang. Unfortunately, it was the school calling about Austin. He was waking his friends up from their naps. I told the teacher I would be right there and I got in my car.

When I walked into the class, Austin was hiding under a table. Not sure if he even knew I was coming. I pulled him out of class, took him to the bathroom, and spanked him. I hated to do it but it had to be done. We sat in the floor and I asked him why he was waking his friends up. He said "I don't know." I told him that we'd sit there until he told me why. He said he wanted his snack. I explained that it wasn't snack time, it was nap time and that he waking up his friends was not acceptable. I told him that we'd go back into his room and find his napper and he was going to lay down and be quiet.

On the way home, I also told him that he'd be spending the afternoon in his room that I didn't want to even see the door open until I called him for dinner. When Gene got home, he went upstairs to talk to him. He told Austin that I said that if he misbehaved I would come down there to handle it. He said, "Did you not believe that she'd come down there?" Austin said no.

It's all about the follow through, I guess. For the most part, the weekend was uneventful with a more behaved Austin. I guess the spanking did the trick...for now...

No comments:

background