Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I'm going to wipe my boogers on you!

Seriously? Did my sweet Austin say this? Of course he did. Gene has said that just as we think we have one thing handled (i.e. potty words) something else comes up out of nowhere. And he's completely right.

It's never good when the teacher follows Austin to the door to greet me. This means there's been trouble and Austin's been in it. Today, sadly, Ms. Jennifer met me at the door with Austin. When Austin gets in trouble, we give him a chance to tell me what happened and of course he says "I don't know." So, Jennifer tells me that today Austin told her that he didn't have to listen to her or any other teacher or Mommy or Daddy or Dede or Nea or Nonna or Papa. And, after blowing his nose, chased her holding the snotty tissue saying "I'm going to wipe my boogers on you!"

I was at a loss of words. Of course, there's the usual "we use our listening ears," "we don't disrespect our teachers," etc. This time, I told the teacher and Austin too that the next time he disrespected any of the teachers they were going to call me at work and I was going to come down there and he DID NOT want me to come to his school in the middle of the day. And he will receive immediate punishment from me.

I swear. If anyone has any advice, please contact me in some way. These are trying times in the Fambrough household.

1 comment:

our lady of perpetual stuff and nonsense said...

gross. that seriously makes me want to barf. i have no idea how to manage this one...but i am sure that you and gene, with five college degrees between the two of you, can figure this one out. you are good parents, and austin is a good kid...i know he is.

love you,
r

background