Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Something, something, poop and pee

Austin started Sunday school on Sunday. He's in a new room with new teachers and new friends. We drop him off and everything was fine. I pick him up and, of course, he's had issues. The teachers said he was using the words poop and pee in regular conversation. Not in reference to "I need to go poo poo" or "I need to go pee pee." Just hanging out talking.

"No David No" is a set of books that Austin reads at Nonna and Papa's house. It's about all the things that the author's mother told him "No" about. One such thing was using potty words. The illustration shows David sitting with a bar of soap in his mouth. We read this book on Saturday and Austin made the comment about how David had used potty words and had to wash his mouth out with soap.

After Sunday's incident, I informed him that if he did it again he'd be like "No David No" and have his mouth washed out with soap and that soap doesn't taste good. Monday and today I was greeted with "I didn't use potty words, Mommy" when I picked him up from school. I know the threat of soap will only last for so long. Eventually, I'll have to follow through and pull out a brand new bar of soap especially for Austin.

1 comment:

our lady of perpetual stuff and nonsense said...

I can't wait to see what happens when he learns the word "fart". HA!

smooches,
r

background