Saturday, March 27, 2010

Stalking my E-vite

Austin has been planning his birthday party for months. And a few weeks ago we sat down with his class directory and he picked the people he wanted to come to his birthday party. If you don't invite everyone in the class, then you have to send invitations another way.

Being all high-tech and all, I decided to send E-vites to those classmates Austin picked. What started out as a good idea has turned into a disaster. Originally, Austin invited around 10 kids from his class. As of last Sunday, only 1 kid said they were coming. ONE. Since sending the E-vite, I've been stalking it. Every day, multiple times a day, I view it to see if someone else has said that they are coming. After only ONE kid said he was coming, I sent the E-vite to everyone and a few of his friends from Bright Horizons.

Gene went with Austin and his class to the McWane Center (again) for a field trip yesterday. One of the other parents said that she was trying to RSVP but it wouldn't let her. Gene said she was making a motion like she was viewing it from her smart phone. So, after getting all high-tech, trying to save on paper invitations and postage, the whole concept didn't work.

I still have no idea how many kids are coming. As of right now, 6 kids have said they are coming. Which brings me to another soapbox. If you're not going to come, tell me. This is why I asked for a RSVP so I would know how many favors to have and if we'll need to increase the number we've reserved. And it's supposed to rain tomorrow so some will probably show up because there will be nothing else for them to do. It will be interesting to see how many actually come.

But, the good news is, Austin's girlfriend is coming. And Austin really won't mind having just a few friends there. They'll have a blast anyway!

No comments:

background