Friday, March 12, 2010

When the husband's away, the house goes nuts

Gene left early Wednesday morning for Tulsa, Oklahoma for the Conference USA men's basketball tournament. Usually, when Gene's gone whether it's working late or out of town, we are under a tornado warning and the tornado takes aim at our neighborhood. There were different things that happened this trip.

1. We've had rain. And when I say rain, I mean RAIN. For a solid 36 hours. Roads have flooded, roofs have leaked (I hope ours hasn't...Gene will be up in the attic in the morning to check it out).

2. Andrew got sick. He woke up yesterday morning with a 101 fever and then this morning it was 102. This child NEVER gets sick and he picked this week, while Gene was gone, to have his first real illness. I took him to the doctor and luckily it's nothing major. Just a respiratory virus. But, I did get him weighed while we were there. Andrew weighs 30 pounds. He's a big one.

3. And, finally, Austin lost his first tooth. I'm going to write another post dedicated to his first tooth being lost. Of course, there's always a story to go with it!

No comments:

background