Saturday, August 9, 2008

Does this match? Not quite.

Prior to our outing this morning, we sent Austin upstairs to get dressed. I knew something was up when he went to his room and shut the door. About 5 minutes later, he emerged. Wearing this.

No, it didn't match. AT ALL! I couldn't even argue that there was red in the shirt so the shorts sort of went with the shirt. But, that was a battle Gene and I didn't want to fight. So, we took this child to public places sporting a T-shirt that reads "My favorite color is camo" and red shorts. I'm sure we got all sorts of looks. But, unless you're a parent, you don't know that, when it comes to the independent 4 year old who constantly says "I can do it all by myself," it's best to let him take pride in the fact that he picked out his own clothes and got dressed all by himself.

No comments:

background